- Sarah Nash
- Solicitor Childcare Team
- 4 Albion Place, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 1UD
- Office: 01604 630327
Mobile: 07393 766538
- MLaw Exempting 2:1 (67%) at Northumbria University;
- Legal Practice Course;
- Student Law Office – during her time at University, Sarah spent one year carrying out pro bono work for clients in civil matters including Criminal Injuries Compensation claims.
Sarah is a solicitor in our Childcare department specialising in Public Childcare Proceedings. Sarah has experience in representing clients through the pre-proceedings process, to avoid the case progressing to Court as well as through the Court process when applications are issued by the Local Authority.
Sarah also has experience in criminal proceedings having worked as a litigator in both the Magistrates and Crown Courts. She has fully prepared defence cases for a variety of offences including Rape, GBH, Possession with Intent to Supply Class A drugs and Robbery. Sarah is also an accredited police station representative. Whilst studying for her legal qualifications, Sarah completed her final dissertation on the doctrine of Criminal Joint Enterprise.
Sarah enjoys interacting with others, having spent over 9 years working as a front of house assistant in the catering industry. In her free time, Sarah enjoys going to the gym, baking and socialising with family and friends at weekends.
Sarah has experience in dealing with a variety of cases involving the following:
- PLO meetings/Pre-Proceedings
- Care Orders/Interim Care Orders
- Supervision Orders
- Placement Orders
- Child Arrangement Orders
- Declaration of Parentage
- Parental Responsibility Orders
- Application for leave to revoke placement order
- Court proceedings including her own advocacy
- Residential units and assessments
- Concerns surrounding substance misuse, domestic abuse, criminal behaviour, mental health issues, risk of sexual harm
- Non-accidental injury
- Fabricated/induced illness
- Post-adoption contact
- Cases involving interpreters and intermediaries/advocates
- Clients with learning disabilities/difficulties and cognitive difficulties
- Instruction of a variety of experts including paediatrician, psychiatrist, psychologist, haematologist, odontologist, independent social worker