Released Under Investigation
From April 2017, a suspect who the police believe may have broken the law can be Released Under Investigation before they face any possible charges.
What Does This Mean for You?
- You are not on Police bail but the investigation is ongoing.
- You may be required to attend the Police Station for further interview.
- You may be recalled and charged/rearrested.
- You may be summoned to appear before the court.
- You may be notified of no further action.
During this process It is very important that you stay in contact with your legal team who will themselves remain in communication with the police on a regular basis for updates.
If Noble Solicitors did not represent you at the original interview but you want us to take on your case this is not a problem. You will need to notify your previous solicitors of your decision to change and advise them that we are taking on your case. Our Crime team can then contact your old solicitor to request your file.
If you are contacted by the Police whilst Released Under Investigation you should call us immediately for one of our expert Criminal Defence Team to assist you.
We are available 24 hours a day / 365 days a year.
Call: 07000 818283 (Outside London) 07779 600600 (London)
Noble Solicitors fighting for you;
always protecting your rights