Litigation and dispute resolution
Situations can arise for both individuals and businesses where they may either require redress from a third party or feel compelled to defend against allegations. Our dispute resolution team takes a creative and holistic approach to resolving these situations in our clients’ best interests. Where it is possible to resolve a case effectively through negotiation or alternative dispute resolution we will do so. However, where it is not possible and litigation is necessary, we will approach this forcefully with the ability to employ considerable legal and tactical know how to our clients’ benefit.
We appreciate that the circumstances in which disputes arise can vary much, and whatever the nature of the dispute, we will be happy to have an initial chat to identify the issues it concerns. However, amongst the types of dispute that we have expertise of are:
- Breaches of commercial agreement;
- Shareholder disputes;
- Partnership disputes;
- Claims by financial institutions against principal debtor and guarantors;
- Construction and building disputes;
- Property disputes;
- Insolvency claims and disputes.
Recent examples of work carried out in this area includes:
- Successful application to set aside statutory demands issued by an international finance company against customers;
- Defence of a number of claims by banks against primary debtors and guarantors;
- Claims where there has been the mis-selling of foreign currency mortgages.
- Successful defence of an IT company in a claim by a client;
- Pre-action settlement of a dispute between employment agency and GP surgery;
- Successful resistance of claim by heating contractor with it’s insurance company which had sought to exclude cover under the policy;
- Resolution of dispute with energy provider on behalf of property developer;
- Settlement of shareholder dispute with national retailer on behalf of Director.
Noble Solicitors fighting for you;
always protecting your rights