Professional Regulation and Misconduct
Where an industry or a profession is subject to regulation it is crucial to ensure compliance. However, there will be occasions where even the most diligent individual will find themselves subject to an investigation by a regulatory body which may even lead to disciplinary proceedings placing at risk ones career livelihood. It is vital to ensure that expert legal advice and representation is obtained as soon as the process begins.
In our consideration experience, we have found time and again that early engagement with the benefit of expert advice dramatically enhances the prospects of a positive resolution. We are then able to guide our client’s through what will inevitably be a traumatic process with expertise diligence and tenacity.
The experience we have has been obtained acting for many individuals and indeed organisations in connection with investigations and proceedings brought by the following regulatory bodies:
- General Medical Council (“GMC”);
- Nursing and midwifery Council ("NMC");
- Health Care Professions Council (“HCPC”);
- Institute of Chartered Accounts in England and Wales (“ICAEW”);
- Associated Chartered and Certified Accounts (“ACCA”);
- National College for Teaching and Leadership (“Formerly General Teaching Council”)
The need to protect individuals’ interests and maintain their livelihoods also applies to Directors Disqualification proceedings.
Recent examples of cases handled by members of our team:
- Representing General Medical Practitioners in case brought by the GMC;
- Successfully resisted application before the GMC to suspend a doctor from practice pending a criminal investigation;
- Successfully resisting interim suspension of a nurse by the NMC and defending a large number allegations arising in a care home;
- Advising a chartered certified accountant in an investigation and proceedings brought by ACCA;
- Advised chartered accountant in connection with application to be readmitted to the ICAEW subsequent to a disciplinary exclusion.
Noble Solicitors fighting for you;
always protecting your rights