Actions against the Police
On occasions, police constabularies and their officers who have a duty to protect us make serious errors with devastating consequence for members of the public involved. In recent years, this has been highlighted to the general public by high profile incidents which have been widely reported within the national press.
We are instructed by both individuals and companies who wish to pursue civil actions against the police. We regularly deal with cases of assault, wrongful arrest, false imprisonment, malicious prosecution, misfeasance in public office, trespass to property and judicial review on a regular basis.
In addition, we regularly deal with individuals and companies that wish to oppose applications for the continued detention of seized cash and applications for forfeiture of detained cash by police constabularies and other prosecuting agencies, made under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
Examples of cases that our team have handled include the following:
- Acting on behalf of serving police officer, in a claim for judicial review in respect of a complaint against his own police force;
- Representing a company director following investigations by the Police surrounding company employees and seizure of company property;
- Acting on behalf Claimants pursuing claim in the Court for wrongful arrest and false detention;
- Civil actions against the Police in respect of detained property;
- Acting on behalf of a client in respect of a theft of a sum of money from his home address in excess of £200,000.00.
- Assisting client’s in respect of applications for forfeiture of cash application under section 298(1) of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
Noble Solicitors fighting for you;
always protecting your rights