Actions against the Probation Service
As the Probation Services actions may result in your being detain or imprison, or prosecuted, we may be able to help you in your complaint or claim.
However, we cannot assist in the following matters unless these are serious wrongdoings or abuse of power:-
- • Simple negligence only
- • Loss of property or damage to goods only
- • Clinical negligence only
- • Simple personal injury
We can help you if you have suffered loss as a result of the Probation Services conduct in the following:-
- • Professional negligence
- • Malicious prosecution (evidence of
- • Assault malice needed)
- • Rape
- • Property intentionally lost/destroyed
- • Sexual assault
- • Significant breach of Human Rights
- • Serious wrongdoing
- • False imprisonment
- • Serious abuse of power or position
- • Interference with goods
- • Wrongful arrest
- • Personal injury
- • Trespass to property/land
- • A loved one has died in custody
- • Discrimination
- • Dealt with dishonestly, illegally
- • Malicious reporting or with bad faith (misfeasance).
- • Mistakes made relating to Data Protection.
Legal Aid is available in the form of Legal Help if you are on certain benefits such as Income Support; Income-Based Jobseekers Allowance or Guaranteed Credit.
If you are not on these benefits then it is means tested, for more information please contact us.
However, Legal Help can only cover initial work under the Legal Services Commission (LSC) Advice & Assistance Scheme and it is limited to a few hours worth of work.
If we are to proceed further to Court proceedings, then we need to apply either for an Investigative Help Certificate or a Full Representation Certificate. For more information, please contact us, as there are a lot of complex means and merits requirements that have been placed by the Legal Services Commission (LSC).
CFA (Conditional Fee Arrangement)
We are sorry but we are not able to provide any CFA funding for any Actions against the Probation Service cases.
We may be able to take your case on a private paying basis. For more information please contact us.
Areas of Legal Expertise
- Actions Against the Police
- Actions Against the Probation Service
- Actions against Local Authorities
- Actions against Private Hospitals