Actions against a Prison
As the prisons have the power to detain and imprison, we may be able to help you in your complaint or claim. We are able to help in most types of complaints or claims against the Prisons.
However, we cannot assist in the following:-
- • Simple negligence only
- • Loss of property or damage to goods only
- • Clinical negligence only
- • Simple personal injury.
- • Prison discipline (see our Prison Law Department)
- • Prison Category (see our Prison Law Department)
- • Parole (see our Prison Law Department)
- • Release on temporary licence (see our Prison Law Department)
- • Home Detention Curfew (see our Prison Law Department)
- • Judicial Review (see our Prison Law Department)
- • Licence Condition/Review (see our Prison Law Department)
- • Internal Complaints Procedure (see our Prison Law Department).
We can help you in the following:-
- • Professional negligence
- • Malicious prosecution (evidence of malice needed)
- • Assault
- • Rape
- • Property intentionally lost/destroyed
- • Sexual assault
- • Significant breach of Human Rights
- • Serious wrongdoing
- • False imprisonment
- • Serious abuse of power or position
- • Interference with goods
- • Wrongful arrest
- • Personal injury
- • Trespass to property/land
- • A loved one has died in custody
- • Discrimination.
- • Dealt with dishonestly, illegally or with bad faith (misfeasance).
Legal Aid is available in the form of Legal Help if you are on certain benefits such as Income Support; Income-Based Jobseekers Allowance or Guaranteed Credit.
If you are not on these benefits then it is means tested, for more information please contact us.
However, Legal Help can only cover initial work under the Legal Services Commission (LSC) Advice & Assistance Scheme and it is limited to a few hours worth of work.
If we are to proceed further to Court proceedings, then we need to apply either for an Investigative Help Certificate or a Full Representation Certificate. For more information, please contact us, as there are a lot of complex means and merits requirements that have been placed by the Legal Services Commission (LSC).
CFA (Conditional Fee Arrangement)
We are sorry but we are not able to provide any CFA funding for any Actions against the Police cases.
We may be able to take your case on a private paying basis. For more information please contact us.
Areas of Legal Expertise
- Actions Against the Police
- Actions Against the Probation Service
- Actions against Local Authorities
- Actions against Private Hospitals