Actions against The Police
As the police have the power to detain, imprison or prosecute, we may be able to help you in your complaint or claim. We are able to help in most types of complaints or claims against the police.
However, we cannot assist in the following matters unless there is serious wrongdoing or abuse of power:-
- • Simple negligence only
- • Loss of property or damage to goods only
- • Clinical negligence only
- • Simple personal injury.
- We can help you if you have suffered as a result of police conduct in following:-
- • Professional negligence
- • Malicious prosecution (evidence of Assault malice needed)
- • Rape
- • Property intentionally lost/destroyed
- • Sexual assault
- • Significant breach of Human Rights
- • Serious wrongdoing
- • False imprisonment
- • Serious abuse of power or position
- • Interference with goods
- • Wrongful arrest
- • Personal injury
- • Trespass to property/land
- • A loved one has died in custody
- • Discrimination.
- • Dealt with dishonestly, illegally or with bad faith (misfeasance).
We may be able to take your case on a private paying basis. For more information please contact us.
Areas of Legal Expertise
- Actions against a Prison
- Actions Against the Police
- Actions Against the Probation Service
- Actions against Local Authorities
- Actions against Private Hospitals