Actions against Local Authorities
We may be able to help you in most types of complaints or claims against the Local Authority.
However, we cannot assist in the following matters unless there is serious wrongdoing or abuse of power:-
- • Simple negligence only
- • Loss of property or damage to goods only
- • Clinical negligence only
- • Simple personal injury
We can help you if you have suffered loss as a result of the Probation Services conduct in the following:-
- • Professional negligence
- • Malicious prosecution (evidence of
- • Assault malice needed)
- • Rape
- • Property intentionally lost/destroyed
- • Sexual assault
- • Significant breach of Human Rights
- • Serious wrongdoing
- • False imprisonment
- • Serious abuse of power or position
- • Interference with goods
- • Wrongful arrest
- • Personal injury
- • Trespass to property/land
- • A loved one has died in custody
- • Discrimination
- • Dealt with dishonestly, illegally
- • Malicious reporting or with bad faith (misfeasance).
- • Mistakes made relating to Data Protection.
Also - Claims for personal injury against Local Authorities by vulnerable adults, the elderly, disabled or patients as defined by the Mental Health Act, or persons alleging child abuse whilst in Local Authority Care if it involves abuse of a position or power by a public servant, even if the public authority itself is merely alleged to have been negligent.
Also – claims for damages against any authority by persons alleging failure to take into care.
We may be able to take your case on a private paying basis. For more information please contact us.
Areas of Legal Expertise
- Actions against a Prison
- Actions Against the Police
- Actions Against the Probation Service
- Actions against Local Authorities
- Actions against Private Hospitals